Tuesday, 30 November 2010

40 Orkney Walks

I decided that I needed to give myself a bit of a challenge. So I've decided to walk all the routes in a book of Orkney walks. Forty of them. Some of them I have already done but the majority I haven't. Some I've nearly walked the route but not quite, so I'll just have to go for another visit ... the ones in italics are the walks I've already done. Here is the list-

Mainland
1. Stromness to Warbeth
2. Marwick head & Brough of Birsay
3. Ring of Brodgar
4. Binscarth Wood
5. Orphir Bay
6. Wideford Hill
7. Mull Head
8. Newark Bay
9. Inganess

Burray
10. Hunda from Burray

South Ronaldsay
11. Sands of Wright
12. Hoxa Head

Graemsay
13. Graemsay Circuit

Hoy
14. Ward Hill
15. Rackwick Glen
16. The Old Man of Hoy
17. Lyrawa Hill & Scad Head
18. Wee Fea

Flotta
19. West Hill

Shapinsay
20. Balfour
21. Mor Stein

Rousay
22. Trumland Reserve
23. Westness Heritage Walk
24. Faraclett Head

Wyre
25. Cubbie Roo's Castle & The Taing

Egilsay
26. Onziebust & The Graand

Papa Westray
27. Papay Highlights

Westray
28. Castle o'Burrian/Bay of Tafts
29. Notland & Grobust
30. West Westray & Noup Head

Eday
31. Eday Heritage Walk
32. Warness & Ward Hill

Stronsay
33. Vat of Kirbuster & Odin Bay
34. Holland Farm

Sanday
35. Scuthvie Circular & Start Point
36. Tress Ness
37. Els Ness
38. Holms of Ire
39. Whitemill Point

North Ronaldsay
40. Sheep Dyke Hike

and here goes......

No comments: